Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fashion Report: The Wedding Dress

Ugh, I haven't done a fashion report in a long time so here's my catch up post.
First, I am NOT getting married, contrary to what Lizzy thinks. :) I'm just feeling romantic lately and I just love wedding dresses so I hope you enjoy this!
The History of the Wedding Dress
Wedding dresses weren't always white. Brides often just wore their best dresses for their weddings. Eventually, though, weddings gowns started to be worn in white. White represents a woman's purity and her virginity before her marriage.
Famous Wedding Gowns
Kate Middleton, the newly wed bride of Prince William of England wore a beautiful gown for her wedding. Her gown was designed by Sarah Burton and was made of lace and satin with a long train. Here's a picture.












Queen Victoria also wore a lovely dress for her wedding to Prince Albert. Her gown was made of white satin and lace with off the shoulder sleeves.
Here's a picture of Queen Victoria's gown as well.










Here are some pictures of this year's wedding dress styles.


Hope you girlz enjoyed this post!

7 comments:

  1. Hmm... Amanda hated the lace for her Wedding, but I think I like Kate Middleton's Wedding gown. It is very fascinating, all the Wedding gowns.
    -Rie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Kate Middletons is very pretty! I would take off some of the lace though; too foo fooey for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove the second to last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first modern dress is lovely but, I don't like that it is strapless. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that one kind of looks like you.
    -Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the modern but I agree with Haley - not a big fan of the strapless.

    ReplyDelete